The star of Easter Sunday, this leg of lamb is bursting with flavour from garlic, fresh rosemary and roasted with new potatoes and carrots.
Per serving: 705kcals, 29.2g fat (7.4g saturated), 48.2g carbs, 5.6g sugars, 61.3g protein, 7.9g fibre, 0.435g sodium
1 hour 50 minutes
|1 x 2.5kg leg of lamb|
|5 garlic cloves, crushed|
|8 carrots, peeled and trimmed|
|16 small potatoes, unpeeled|
|1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped|
|150ml olive oil|
|Salt and black pepper|
- Allow the leg of lamb to sit at room temperature for one hour before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- In a small bowl, whisk the garlic, rosemary and 120ml of olive oil together. Rub the mixture all over the lamb, then season all over with salt and black pepper.
- Place the carrots and potatoes in a large roasting tin. Toss with two tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the seasoned leg of lamb on top of the vegetables.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3.
- Continue roasting for another 90 minutes for medium-rare, or until the lamb is cooked to your liking.
- Transfer the leg of lamb on a chopping board, tent loosely with tin foil and allow to rest for 30 minutes before carving. Cover the vegetables with foil and keep warm until ready to serve.