5-ingredient lamb dinner
The star of Easter Sunday, this leg of lamb is bursting with flavour from garlic, fresh rosemary and roasted with new potatoes and carrots.
Per serving: 705kcals, 29.2g fat (7.4g saturated), 48.2g carbs, 5.6g sugars, 61.3g protein, 7.9g fibre, 0.435g sodium
1 hour 50 minutes
|1 x 2.5kg leg of lamb|
|5 garlic cloves, crushed|
|8 carrots, peeled and trimmed|
|16 small potatoes, unpeeled|
|1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped|
|150ml olive oil|
|Salt and black pepper|
- Allow the leg of lamb to sit at room temperature for one hour before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- In a small bowl, whisk the garlic, rosemary and 120ml of olive oil together. Rub the mixture all over the lamb, then season all over with salt and black pepper.
- Place the carrots and potatoes in a large roasting tin. Toss with two tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the seasoned leg of lamb on top of the vegetables.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3.
- Continue roasting for another 90 minutes for medium-rare, or until the lamb is cooked to your liking.
- Transfer the leg of lamb on a chopping board, tent loosely with tin foil and allow to rest for 30 minutes before carving. Cover the vegetables with foil and keep warm until ready to serve.
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|